MFM Accuse Enyimba Chairman Anyansi Of Attack In Aba

MFM Accuse Enyimba Chairman Anyansi Of Attack In Aba

By Ebube Dike

Expectedly, with 3 matches to wrap-up the 2020/2021 Nigeria Professional Football League, NPFL, intrigues have started filtering in with MFM FC alleging that Felix Anyansi Agwu, Chairman of Enyimba International FC attacked the Lagos-based club during the two teams’ clash in Aba on Sunday.

In a release on Monday, the Mountain of Fire Ministries Football Club of Lagos claimed it was attacked on Sunday, in Aba at the Stadium, during the Matchday 35 fixture of the ongoing NPFL, by Felix Anyasi, the Chairman of Enyimba.

The statement signed by the team’s media officer, Olawale Quadri, stated that
“The Sunday’s encounter between the two teams which which was marred by assault on the away team, ended in a 2-1 win for the home team, courtesy of goals from Enyimba duo of Tosin Omoyele and Anthony Omaka with Oladayo Alabi scoring MFM’s clinical goal.

“Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) Executive Member who doubles as the Chairman of Enyimba International, Chief Anyasi and his Officials, assaulted and harassed MFM FC Football Director, Barrister Davidson Adejuwon and the team’s goalkeeper, Jerry Isaac,” part of the release noted.

The release quoted the team’s director as saying ‘“I was assaulted by Enyimba Officials yesterday, who pushed me in the chest in the presence of Chief Anyasi, who could not but joined his men to harass me in the presence of my welfare officer, while I was attempting to address my Players before the match.

‘“The attack from Chief Anyasi against my person continued as he return to his seat. All these I faced at Enyimba, because I raised the issue of 30% fan capacity and ticket sales which was never communicated to other clubs, particularly MFM FC.

‘“The Match Officials were put under all sorts of pressure by Chief Anyasi and his body guards to favour Enyimba which they eventually did and I won’t blame them.

“’Chief Anyasi personally held and harassed the 4th Match Official, along with his body guards from raising the four additional minutes as instructed by the CR.

‘“Chief Anyansi and his goons successfully took full two additional minutes after the regulated 90 minutes and forced the CR to abandone the game, and succumbed to his pressure before they allowed the 4th Official to raise the additional time, which was eventually changed to five minutes, plus the two minutes they took while the 4th official was being held to ransom.

‘“Anyasi violently forced the match that should ordinarily ended at 94 minutes to 98 minutes (with palpable fear on the face of the Referees) till they got their 2nd goal,”‘ it said.

The club called on the League Management Company and the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), Disciplinary Committee to look into the act, “that is capable of destroying the beautiful game of Football in Nigeria and act according to the rule book.”

About Best Choice Sports

Leave a Reply

Translate »