NLO Match Officials Assault: Police Machine FC’s TM, 2 Coaches, 5 Players Indefinitely Suspended
621 total views, 3 views today
…Club Fined ₦200, 000, Ordered To Repair Damaged Stadium Facilities
By Amaechi Agbo
The Nigeria Division 3 League, the Nationwide League One, NLO has indefinitely suspended the Team Manager, two coaches and five players of Police Machine Football Club of Abuja following their assaults on match officials during their league game against Royal Stars FC in Bwari Area Council Abuja on Monday.
Police Machine FC officials attacked the match officials at the Bwari Township Stadium after they lost the NLO Playoff match 1-0 to the Gwawalada team.
The club was also fined ₦200, 000 which must be paid before their next league game and ordered to repair all damaged stadium facilities
The NLO Secretariat received the report of unsportsmanlike behavior of the Police FCT FC Players and Officials in their match against De Royal Stars FC played on 15th May 2023 in Bwari.
The suspended Team Manager is Lucky Yusuf; the two coaches are Mr. Paul and Mr Terna Magashi.
The affected players are: Idah Dominic, Robert Benard, Nasara Peter, Simson Godwin and James Aboh
“Sequel to above and the fact that such actions are least expected from law enforcement agents in Sports, we hereby apply the rules as stated below;
- Mr Lucky Yusuf -Team Manager – Indefinite suspension from football activities
- Mr. Paul – Coach – Indefinite suspension from football activities
- Mr Terna Magashi – Coach – Indefinite suspension from football activities
- Mr Idah Dominic – Player – Indefinite suspension from football activities
- Mr Robert Benard – Player – Indefinite suspension from football activities
- Mr Nasara Peter – Player – Indefinite suspension from football activities
- Mr Simson Godwin – Player – Indefinite suspension from football activities
- Mr James Aboh – Player – Indefinite suspension from football activities
“Police FCT FC is also fined the sum of One Hundred Thousand Naira to be paid to NLO
“Police FCT FC must repair all the damaged properties in the Stadium.
“Police FCT FC shall pay the sum of One Hundred Thousand Naira for medicals of all the injured officials due to the assault on them my members of Police FCT FC
“These payments shall be paid before their next match in the ongoing 2023 League.
“This decision shall be communicated to The Nigeria Police Headquarters and Nigeria Football Federation for further sanctions,” the NLO said on Monday