Super Eagles Striker Victor Osimhen Is Confused, Angry, Waiting For Napoli’s Apology
930 total views, 6 views today
By Amaechi Agbo
Super Eagles striker, Victor Osimhen is said to be “confused, upset and angry” over the videos posted by his club, Napoli on Tuesday.
The Serie A 2023 top scorer became the centre of global news headline on Sunday after he got furious with his coach following his late substitution In their game against Bologna.
Osimhen missed a spot kick in the match.
And shortly after the match, Napoli posted a video of the penalty miss and the Nigerian international got furious over the video which was deleted almost immediately.
However, Sky Sports Correspondent, Kaveh Solhekol has said on Wednesday ahead of Napoli’s games against Udinese tonight that Osimhen is impatiently waiting for Napoli’s apology
“Victor Osimhen is one of the best forwards in the world. His goals helped Napoli win the title last season. He is a top scorer in Serie A and he has been mocked and insulted on social media by his own club not by opposition supporters.
“It is two videos that are seen, one of them is racist but both being deleted. Osimhen is waiting for an apology, there hasn’t been an apology from Napoli so far and his agent has come out on social media and said ‘this is a very serious matter, this is unacceptable. We want an apology but so far we haven’t heard anything from Napoli’
“Napoli believes that this is being blown out of proportion, it was just a joke meant for children on Tik Tok.
“Victor Osimhen doesn’t think it is a joke. He has removed every single picture of him with Napoli kit from his Instagram profile today and is still waiting for an apology. Interestingly, he is in Napoli’s squad against Udinese this evening. He was filmed arriving Napoli Hotel this afternoon, he had his earphones in, I think he greeted the manager but he ignored some of his teammates who are waiting there to say hello to him.
“So his state of mind is confused, upset and angry and still waiting for an apology from Napoli,” he said
Mr Solhekol said there reports on his likely move away Italy but warned that the issue at stake has more implications than his next move .
“He got two-year contract left but we going to be a little careful here because I have seen stories on social media whether he is going to move to the Premier League or could he go to Saudi Arabia.
“These, I think could fuel the narrative. I think we should shut down all transfers and where he could be going next and concentrate on the real story.
“And the real story is that the champions of Italy have mocked, offended and insulted one of the best Africa players in the world and it is about time they apologized to him.”
Victor Osimhen’s contract runs till June 2025.