Sunday Dare Seeks Facelift After Siasia Accused Him Of Abandonment In FIFA Life Ban

Sunday Dare Seeks Facelift After Siasia Accused Him Of Abandonment In FIFA Life Ban

By Amaechi Agbo

The minister of youth and sports, Sunday Dare has vowed to make public the ministry’s and federal government’s financial support given to former Super Eagles coach, Samson Siasia when he was initially banned for life by world football umpire, FIFA.

In 2019, the former Eagles player was handed a lifetime ban from football related activities by FIFA following his comments that he could accept bribe to fix matches.

However, last week the Court of Arbitration for Sports, CAS reduced the life Ban to five years.

Siasia while granting a press conference in Abuja after, said that his former teammates, Nigeria Football Federation and the federal government, through the ministry of sports abandoned him during his ordeal.

“The minister for sports came in few weeks after my ban.

“And the minister called me and said, ‘coach, I know about your problem, but we don’t have money,” Siasia told journalists in Abuja on Friday.

“That was it. I think what he could’ve done was to go to the president because I’m a legend – I’ve played, broke my legs, coached for this country.

“Unfortunately, the government has not done well when it comes to my case. So I’m not happy.”

However, determined to save his face from public opprobrium opprobrium the minister have come out to describe Siasia as a liar vowing to make public “facts and cash” collected by the former U-20 handler.

“Siasia is not telling the truth and the ministry and Federal Government will come out with the facts of the cash he collected, of the efforts we made.

“He is not telling the truth,” the minister said in a 12 seconds audio.

About Best Choice Sports

Leave a Reply

Translate »