One Killed As Ogun Residents Protest Alleged Murder Of Remo Stars FC Player By Police
363 total views, 6 views today
…Family Demands For Justice
By Our Correspondent
At least one person has been killed as angry resident of Ogun State protest the alleged murder of Remo Stars Football Club player, Tiyamiyu Kazeem, Bestchoicesports.com.ng can repot
As at the time of this report, the identity of the dead protester was unknown.
The protesters, who took to the streets also stormed the Palace of the Akarigbo and the Paramount Ruler of Remoland, Oba Babatunde Ajayi, demanding justice for the deceased.
It would be recalled that Tiyamu Kazeem (Kaka) was allegedly killed by a police officer from the Special Anti Robbery Squad (SARS) of Ogun State Police Command.
The incident occurred on Saturday in Sagamu while he was driving along Sagamu area of Ogun State with one of his teammates, Sanni Abubakar.
various Nigeria football clubs as well as the Nigeria Football Federation, NFF have commiserated with the Remo Stars FC and the Tiyamiyu family over the incident.
The Ogun state Police command has since denied the allegation that its official killed the footballer but rather said that the deceased footballer was wearing a military uniform.
Tiyamiyu Famil Demands For Justice:
the family of late Tiyamiyu Kazeem has appealed for justice following the alleged murder of their son on Saturday by Nigeria police.
The family made the demand through a release signed by the family spokesperson which reads:
REJOINDER TO THE OFFICIAL PRESS STATEMENT OF THE NIGERIAN POLICE FORCE OGUN STATE COMMAND ON THE MURDER OF TIYAMIYU KAZEEM (KAKA) BY SARS ON 22ND OF FEBRUARY, 2020 AT ABEOKUTA SAGAMU EXPRESS WAY:A DEMAND FOR JUSTICE.
“When impunity reigns supreme in our society anarchy is inevitable” what a dark day not because the sun did not rise, but because the life of shining star was cut short by the hands of the enemies from within.
The destiny and glory of a generation wasted by a reckless SARS officer who in his characteristic illegality took laws to his hands. What a shame on you because you can only kill his body but not his legacy, he is forever living and shining in our hearts.
One for all, all for one they say when comrades defend themselves, the creed and oath of service but this as since turned into a means to develop conspiracy theories in a bid to defend themselves even when their actions contradicts their oath and allegiance.
The above completely exemplifies the statement credited to the Ogun State Police Command PPRO on the above subject matter, rather than call a spade a spade a convenient story to cover the rot of these self serving SARS Officers was released stating that the deceased attempted to escape from their custody and got it by a car.
This story is not only false but a concussion of lies and a foundation for the normal conspiracy theory used in exonorating erring police officers at best to be suspended or dismissed but never to face the full wrath of the law.
Without further ado let’s set the records straight and reject in his entirety this falsehood circulating within our media space painting a good citizen of this country a villain rather than a hero even to his grave thus;
1. Tiyamiyu Kazeem is a professional footballer currently signed to Remo Stars in Sagamu
2. On this faithful day he was in shop buying groceries when these SARS officers grabbed him and pushed him into their sienna bus.
3. One member of their team drove his car with his fellow colleague signed to the same club in his car and proceeded straight to Abeokuta.
3. On their way they stopped and while the deceased was questioning them on the reason for his illegal arrest he was pushed down from the car and got hit instantly by a vehicle and sulmalsuted to the other side of the road.
4. Immediately after the accident he was still breathing and was rushed to a hospital at Obademi Owode before he was moved to another hospital in Ipara this was contrary to the advise and protest of his team mate for him to be taken straight to Olabisi Onabanjo Teaching Hospital for proper treatment.
5. While on their way to the hospital at Ipara the sienna bus used for this illegal operation absconded and while at the hospital he finally gave up the ghost and immediately the SARS officer attempted to escape before he was apprehended by the hospital staff and was handed over to the police.
6. Contrary to the claim of the police that he was always dressed in military uniform, he was not in any military uniform neither has he ever worn any military uniform.
Further to this, there are a lot of questions begging for answers on the mode and procedure of arrest that will be addressed in the course of trial.
Without an iota of doubt, this is a premeditated murder of a young, promising and rising star by some lawless and reckless SARS officers parading and acting with impunity all over the country. It is obvious the lack of diligent prosecution of similar cases all over the country keeps encouraging them to continue this series of illegal operations claiming the lives of the innocent citizens without any form of deterrent whatsoever
This is another case begging and crying for justice and we hereby demand for the immediate investigation and diligent prosecution of this case.
Signed Adegbesan Adenola EsqOgunsami Abisoye EsqGaniyu TiyamiyuFamily’s Spokespersons